SMM January_February 2014 : Page 39
Ja an anuary n u a ry 2 2014 01 4 Incentive Merchandise Directory Our incentive merchandise suppliers directory features the brands that matter and the reps who can help you put them to work Branded SALES AND MARKETING .COM JAN/FEB 2014 39
Branded Incentive Merchandise Directory
Our incentive merchandise suppliers directory features the brands that matter and the reps who can help you put them to work
Why the source of your non-cash incentives can impact your end results
Studies continue to show that non-cash incentives are generally more effective motivators than traditional cash bonuses when used properly in a total rewards mix. Increased spending on non-cash awards indicates that companies are buying into these findings—literally, one might say.
However, many managers who are implementing rewards into their incentive efforts continue to purchase at retail rather than take advantage of manufacturers’ incentive distribution channels. In doing so, they miss out on price cuts and other advantages that can significantly impact the ROI of their programs.
The Incentive Manufacturers’ Representative Alliance (IMRA) is an organization comprised of non-cash incentive suppliers and their sales representatives. Sourcing non-cash rewards and recognition items through IMRA members often increases the success of your incentive efforts. Here’s why:
• IMRA suppliers are experienced in program design and execution. They know which products are popular, they understand budgets and objectives, and they are eager to share their knowledge to help you be successful.
• Every IMRA supplier undergoes an intensive peer interview before joining IMRA to be certain they have the skills and factory support needed to do the job.
• IMRA suppliers offer value-added services like custom packaging, fulfillment and in some cases, imprinting and other forms of personalization.
• IMRA suppliers stay up-to-date with training at conferences, trade shows and industry seminars. This means better communications, better information and better ways to help you get the most out of your incentive program.
• IMRA suppliers follow established standards and guidelines, ensuring a high professional standard and consistency that gives customers comfort and confidence.
If you believe in the power of non-cash incentives but you purchase those rewards at retail, you’re leaving some results on the table. It’s easy to fix that. This directory features IMRA merchandise suppliers who have authorized service reps ready to help you bring your next performance improvement program together efficiently and cost-effectively.
A complete directory of IMRA merchandise suppliers and their regional sales representatives is available online at SalesandMarketing.com. Just click on the “Directories” tab on our home page.
Read the full article at http://pubs.royle.com/article/Branded+Incentive+Merchandise+Directory/1632380/196804/article.html.